What actually it is?
NLP is a type of coaching, personal development and for some, a way of being. It is used in many different fields, including:
- personal development
- communication training
- business/executive coaching
- sports coaching (including being used by Olympians)
- entertainment (think Derren Brown among others)
- life coaching
- therapy, including PTSD/depression/anxiety/stress/trauma
- health and wellbeing
- presentation/speaker training
- relationship coaching
- addiction treatment
The Name - Neuro-Linguistic Programming
Neuro – NLP looks at what goes in inside your head – how your brain receives and processes information and how this impacts your personality, memories, behaviour and experience. It also affects how we communicate with others, and how sometimes we can experience exactly the same event but come away with completely different memories of it.
Linguistic – the words we use, both with others and in our internal dialogue have a huge impact on our happiness and success. When we make small changes to the language we use, it can make huge differences to our impact in the world. Linguistics also looks at our body language and how we can position ourselves to feel more confident, more powerful, more friendly, more of anything you want!
Programming – as human beings, we run off a number of ‘programmes’ – ways of doing things that are repeated time and again. We will have programmes for tasks such as brushing our teeth, making a cup of tea, driving a car. We also run programmes for emotions, like how we do anger, or sadness or joy. Our programmes are our habits – when they serve us well, great – nothing needs to change. However, we all have some habits that are not serving us and NLP can help change these. (from biting nails to taking things too personally to comfort eating, and everything in between, NLP can help.)
Reasons you may want to come on the NLP Diploma course.
Participants join the NLP Diploma for lots of different reasons. Here are just a few of them:
- Personal development – understanding yourself better
- Leadership Development – developing your leadership skills
- Relationship communication – with partner, kids, parents, etc.
- Self-help - getting out of being stuck in a rut, or finding some direction or purpose in life
- Working towards achieving a goal – health, fitness, hobbies, business etc
- Interest in coaching others
In the mean time, if this already sounds really really interesting, sign up to one of our NLP courses!