There’s so many ways NLP can help our personal relationships – so I’ve split this topic into 2 sections. The second section will be posted in a couple of days’ time.
Our personal relationships are the most important relationships in our lives. From our parents, to our partner, to our kids, how we communicate and maintain those relationships can be the difference between misery, arguments and feeling unloved; or contentment, harmony and feeling valued and supported. This has a huge impact on our happiness, and that of those around us.
Partners - Whether its little niggly things like how your partner loads the dishwasher, or folds their pants, to the bigger differences like where to live or whether to have kids or not, being able to communicate effectively with your partner is incredibly important.
Parents - Our parents can be the ones that bring out the worst in us, or have that ability to not just touch a nerve, but stamp all over it. They can make us feel defensive, or we find ourselves agreeing to something we don’t want to do just to keep the peace. Finding a way to hold our own boundaries and manage our emotional state can really help.
Kids - Children can push all sorts of boundaries – being able to manage our emotional state and stay calm is important. Kids are constantly changing and developing – sometimes, stepping into their shoes can help us to manage our expectations and appreciate their perspective. From a communication perspective, being able to talk so they will listen, and also being able to listen so they will talk, is vital – we are our children’s world, their safety net, their comfort and their main source of knowledge.
Would you like to:
- Understand how to maintain rapport and connection with family even when you have your differences
- Learn how to use language so that other people listen
- Discover effective ways to give feedback and ask for changes
- Learn how to truly ‘listen to hear,’ rather than ‘listening to respond’
- Appreciate your own communication preferences and those of the people around you – and why this can cause arguments!
- Learn to appreciate different perspectives, and how taking time to consider these can give a real insight into what is going on
- Learn a tool for assessing your relationship and how aligned it is with you and where you’re going
- Manage your emotional state and maintain strong boundaries.
The NLP Diploma can help! If you are interested to find out more, or to sign up, contact me at email@example.com or on 07757 542956.